Eqbal Ahmad Centre for Public Education
invites 8-minute videos on the theme
Towards A Better Pakistan
The competition seeks to raise awareness and encourage activism on important social issues, and encourage the use of new media in Pakistan.
Submissions for 2015 may deal with any of the following:
- Media: How is it shaping public attitudes?
- Population: The impact of population explosion.
- Minority Rights: Issues of Pakistan’s religious and ethnic minorities.
- Education: How can it be reshaped?
- Terrorism: Why is Pakistan afflicted and what’s to be done?
- Labour: The working poor, women, domestic servants.
- Cities: How can they be made livable for all?
- Nature: What are we doing to the environment and how to save it?
- Disasters: Natural and man-made. How should Pakistan prepare?
- Each video shall be approximately 8 minutes in duration.
- Submitted videos shall be original and must not have been circulated earlier.
- Entries must be uploaded by Dropbox to email@example.com by 15 January, 2016.
- Results will be announced by 31 January, 2016.
- Any person may submit an entry.
- Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are planning to submit a video.
- Language may be Urdu, English, or a regional language.
The entries will be judged on content, creativity, imagery, story and technical quality by a panel of activists, experts and film makers.
The three winning entries will:
- Be awarded cash prizes of Rupees 75000, 50000, 50000.
- Be showcased on the EACPE website at http://eacpe.org/8-minute-videos/.
- Be featured in the Karachi Literature Festival, 5-7 February, 2016.